Science, Exploration, and Laughter - SEL
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Program presented in partnership with the Kingston Public Library.
A unique outdoor experience that builds social and emotional skills through interactive science lessons and activities.
Studies have shown that being in nature alleviates stress, encourages physical activity, and helps promote positive mental health. This program will encourage and ignite curiosity. Children will enjoy some of their local conservation areas while exploring the outdoors and creating/drawing in science journals, learning about animals and plants in the area. The fresh air will be great on their faces and they will enjoy the fun and laughter.
Check out some of Kingston's great conservation and recreations areas:
Kingston Conservation Sites
Program Coordinator: Amy Burns, LCSW/School Adjustment Counselor
- Program held on Saturday's for 3 consecutive weeks
- Families will drop off their children at the specified locations each week
- An e-mail will be sent from the program coordinator prior to each week to determine the drop off location
- All COVID protocol will be in place, masks must be worn
- Please have children bring a water bottle