KRec Konnect - Session 4; Begins July 26
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
K-Rec Konnect -
General program information below. Kingston Residents Only.
We understand this is a limited option for families. However, we have re-designed this program to offer our Recreation Families alternative and modified fun-filled activities and experiences. We created this program in a way that we hope to be in the best interest of your children and our staff.
If you do not think this program will work for your child, or your family is not comfortable with the parameters – please check out some of our other program options we will be offering.
K-Rec Konnect Program Description:
Before registering please read the detailed guidelines on the Families Information sheet - click the link at the bottom of this description To ensure that this program is a good fit for your child(ren).
K-Rec Konnect has been designed to offer summer programming for our Recreation Families in the best way we can and offer various fun-filled activities and experiences. Familiar staff to previous summer programs will help continue to guide this program format.
We have found that Friday's have been a very low attendance day, so we have designed this program as a Monday - Thursday program with the option to register for a Freestyle Friday Option. The Freestyle Friday option will have a designated theme each week.
This Krec Konnect program will have a morning time option or an afternoon time option. Your child(ren) will be placed in a group of 25 participants and paired with 3-4 counselors. They will remain with this group for the entirety of each session (1 week). Each group will also have their own “Play Bag” which will include equipment that only their group will use that week.
In the event of a rainy day, we are still trying to coordinate a live rainy day option, or we will create a virtual option for that day.
In the event of a Heat Advisory, programs for that day will not be live, and we will create a virtual option for that day.
Program fee based upon additional requirements such as staff to participant ratio; additional equipment/supplies needed to minimize risk, etc.
- Location: Reed Community Complex. This property provides more outdoor opportunities
- Grades K- 8 (this is the grade they were in during the 2020/2021 school year)
- 6 one week sessions - beginning July 5th
- No more than 100 participants in the morning sessions per one week session, and no more than 100 participants in the afternoon sessions
- Two Time Options per session.
- Time Option 1: 8:30am – 11:30am; Monday - Thursday
- Time Option 2: 1:00 – 4:00pm; Monday - Thursday
- Freestyle Friday: 8:30 - 11:30am; Friday Only if your child is registered in the Monday - Thursday weekly option for this week.
- You will choose per week either Time Option 1 OR Time Option 2 when registering your child(ren). Do NOT register for both Time Options in the same session at this time so that we can try to accommodate as many families as possible. If there are spaces available we will open up the option for you to register your child for both time options.
- In addition you can also register your child for the Freestyle Friday day
Each Time Option will have 2 categories of activity levels. You will choose the category that you believe will be the experience that best fits your child, and in which your child will be the most successful. Each category will be limited to a certain number of participants. See Category Descriptions below.
Categories: Each category will include various levels of physical activity
This group will focus on more higher energy physical activities and physical games. Although, there will be down time included that will incorporate lower energy activities as well. Participants will be required to wear masks.
This group will focus on more relaxed calmer activities including board games, art projects & nature walks, and will also have some higher active energy level activities included. Participants will be required to wear masks.
Freestyle Friday: This week Freestyle Friday will be dedicated to Technology Fun.
Additional Forms and Files: