Kingston Recreation Field Use Request Guidelines
- Beginning February 1, of each year the Recreation Department begins accepting Field Use Request forms for the Spring and Summer Seasons of that year.
- Beginning July 1, of each year, the Recreation Department begins accepting Fall Season Field Request forms.
- The Recreation Department staff will process routine requests. Any new requests will be brought before the Recreation Commission at their monthly meeting, which meets the once a month on Monday’s beginning at 7:00pm. The requesting organization will be invited to attend the meeting at which their request will be discussed.
Please read the following Field Use Rules and Regulations carefully. Compliance with all of the information outlined in this memo will ensure timely and efficient processing of all Building/Field Use Requests. If you have any questions regarding the Building/Facility Use Request Form Process, please call the Recreation Department Office; 781-585-0533, or the Custodian's Office; 781-585-0520.
Field Use Rules & Regulations
- No Dogs are allowed in the Opachinski Complex and the Reed Fields.
- Field Use Request forms must be completed in full before submission. Payment for user fee due at time of request. Incomplete requests, or no payment, may be denied, or returned.
- Once a request has been approved, a confirmation will be returned to the signed group representative.
- The authorized representative and/or group will be held responsible for any damage to the field being requested.
- Fields are not to be used when wet with puddles. No attempt is to be made by field users to make the field playable when wet with puddles, or is any work to be performed on a Town field without the consent of the Recreation Commission/Department. If you fail to adhere to this policy your organization will be charged a fee to repair any damage caused to the field by your group.
- It is the responsibility of the field user to insure that any debris created by your group is properly disposed of prior to leaving the field. Failure to do so could result in the loss of field use privileges.
- Any persons using Town facilities do so at their own risk.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited from all Town fields.
- All players and vehicles must be out of the Opachinski Complex by 10:00 PM.
- If your request is denied, you are entitled to appeal it to the Recreation Commission at their scheduled monthly meeting.