Summer Playground Program, First Session
The goal of the Summer Playground Program is to provide your child with an opportunity to make new friends, have fun with old friends, learn new games and activities and to play... just "For the Fun Of It".
Playground participants will enjoy outside and inside activities, good old Board Games, activities in the Art Studio, fun and energetic entertainers, and some special theme days.... such as Tie Dye day,Water Fun and Olympic Days.
A family information sheet will be e-mailed to all families prior to the start of the program.
The information below lists the dates, times and fees for this year's Summer Playground Program. You must register separately for each session.
Registration open until June 16th (or until the program is full - whichever comes first).
The Summer Playground Program runs July 10th - August 18th. There will be three 2 week sessions offered during that time frame.
Special event days and field trips to be announced.
Session 1: July 10th - July 21st - Talent Show this Session
It's a Small World
Do you have the KRec Factor
Session 2: July 24th - August 4th - Water Fun Day & Tie Dye Day this Session
KRec Is A Mess
Blast from the Past
Session 3: August 7th - August 18th - Olympic Ceremonies this Session
- Children will participate in arts and crafts, games, sports, nature, and special events.
- Filed Trips may be available for some age groups.
- Various activities utilize paint, sand, water, and other material which makes the programs fun, and also messy.
- Sneaker type shoes are required as children do a lot of running and action activities (sandals are not acceptable due to safety reasons).
- This program is for KINGSTON RESIDENTS only.
If a program is specified by grade, it is meant for the 2016-2017 school year - the grade should be the grade they just completed.